My name is Jade Spratling. I am married to a true Jefferson sports fan and have two daughters in the JCS system (one is a student, and one is starting her first year teaching at Jefferson Elementary). I started my counseling career with a few detours that ultimately brought me full circle. In 2004, I graduated from Mercer University with a Bachelor of Science in Social Science Degree, where I worked in Human Resources briefly before returning to Mercer University to obtain my Post-Baccalaureate in Early Childhood/Special Education with Gifted Endorsement. From there, I spent 16 years teaching, primarily kindergarten and first grade, with a few years of third and sixth sprinkled in. In 2019, I began my graduate studies at Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA. I graduated from Regent University in May of 2021 with my Master of Art in School Counseling Degree. I transitioned from a Jefferson Elementary classroom teacher to a first-year counselor during the 2021-2022 school year. I am excited to continue as the Jefferson Elementary School counselor for the 2022-2023 school year and look forward to working with each of you as we continue to cultivate the Jefferson standard of excellence known and set forth before me.
- Individual Student Check In's (Relationship building *no set time, 1-2 minutes)
- Individual Counseling (15 mins. once a week for 6-8 weeks - set time and day of the week to meet in the counseling office)
- Can work on new skills or in conjunction with outside therapy skills that are currently in place (*only with signed consent on file with an outside agency)
- Small-Group Counseling (3-4 in a small group with like experiences)
- Whole Group Lessons (Once per month -- Topics include Bullying, Personal Safety, Friendships, Problem Solving, etc., and are aligned with the ASCA National Standards)
- Individual Class Lessons (based on the need identified and teacher request)
Concerns typically addressed in individual sessions:
- Friendship/Conflict Resolution
- Anger Management
- Family Changes
- Social Skills
- School Refusal (Parental Attachment)
How to contact the JES School Counselor
Click the linked image Or scan with your phone's camera
You may contact me at 706-367- 8242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.