We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere gratitude for your support throughout the distance and digital learning process. We recognize the many challenges you may face balancing family, work, personal and school responsibilities at this time. Our staff members are committed to the success of our digital learning days, and we know your role is vital. As such, we hope you are enjoying our modified schedule and benefiting from Re-Fresh Fridays.
Our partnership during these unprecedented times is crucial in order to maintain the necessary focus to successfully finish the school year. Students are encouraged to work diligently and put forth their best efforts to complete assignments and digital learning activities. If you have any issues or concerns, please contact your child’s teacher or building administrator.
Listed below is information you will find helpful as we continue distance learning:
- The last day of school for the 2019-2020 school year is Friday, May 22, 2020.
- The following instructional guidelines will be implemented through May 22nd.
- Grades assigned will give consideration to the challenges faced during distance learning.
- Staff will utilize a variety of strategies to ensure a student’s grade is not negatively affected during distance learning, including but not limited to the following:
- Multiple attempts will be given along with flexible assignments and due dates if necessary.
- Re-Fresh Fridays are designated for remediation opportunities, catch-up, make-up and completion of missing assignments.
- Printed materials will be provided when necessary.
- Neither final exams nor state assessments will be administered for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Promotion/Retention decisions will be based on student performance prior to March 18, 2020.
With the flexibility that has been granted, it is important for students to meet the requirements for each course in order to be prepared for the next school year and to avoid being issued an incomplete grade.
We will provide additional information in the coming weeks regarding the return of devices and other instructional materials, as well as the process for collecting any personal items on school property.
Again, we appreciate your support and wish you a safe, healthy and productive remainder of the school year.
Jefferson City Schools