Because teacher and leader effectiveness impacts student achievement, Georgia Department of Education promotes and supports the effectiveness of educators to improve student learning in every classroom in the state. Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES) and Leader Keys Effectiveness System (LKES) offer a process for evaluation and professional development for Georgia's teachers and leaders.
More about TKES
More about LKES
Dr. Angela Vinson
Director of Federal Programs
& System Test Coordinator
Parent's Right to Request a Teacher and a Paraprofessional Qualifications
In compliance with the requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the Jefferson City School System would like to inform you that you may request information about the professional qualifications of your student's teacher(s) and/or paraprofessional(s). The following information may be requested:
- Whether the student's teacher-
- has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived; and
- is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals, and if so, their qualifications.
If you wish to request information concerning your child's teacher and/or paraprofessional's qualifications, please contact your child's Principal or Dr. Michael Miller, JCS Title II-A Coordinator at 706.367.7493.
If you have questions or need additional information about Federal Programs, contact: