As a follow-up to the release sent on Feb. 26, 2020, we are sending additional Coronavirus (COVID-19) information as a precautionary measure to parents/guardians of students at Jefferson City Schools.
We encourage parents/guardians to visit our district website for updates and information from the Georgia Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Email notifications will be sent to the email addresses we have on file for parents/guardians. If you are not receiving school emails or updates, please check the email you have listed on Infinite Campus and make necessary adjustments to ensure you stay updated.
According to Georgia DPH, the risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low at this time; however, there are basic prevention practices people should follow to reduce their risk of contracting and spreading illness and disease. It is encouraged that the general public:
- Wash their hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. As a part of CDC-TV’s Health Matters series, videos demonstrating proper hand washing can be found here: www.cdc.gov/handwashing/videos.html
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands. Please visit the following link: www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygiene/etiquette/coughing_sneezing.html
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The health and safety of our faculty, students and staff remains the top priority for our district. Please speak to your children about risks and prevention as new information about the Coronavirus surfaces. We will continue to monitor the situation, implement necessary precautionary procedures and update parents, faculty, staff and students when more information becomes available.
Please visit this link as a parent resource for talking to children about COVID-19.
Jefferson City Schools